Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Board Meeting Last Night

First and foremost, much thanks to the Digital Leaders who trudged through the snow and came out in support of 21st Century Learning in D97! Your presence and effort to get there in spite of the weather made a big statement and having you in the audience meant a whole lot to us! Don't worry if you didn't make it, everyone in the room knew it was weather-related.  Thanks for the texts, phone calls and emails letting me know you just had to get home.

In spite of my terrible video-taping skills, I believe our message to the Board was loud and clear. The work you are doing is great work, and it is certainly worth doing.  You have all made incredible strides as you work your way through the technology adoption life cycle and use the the computer as a tool for learning.  Hearing you speak passionately and viewing snippets of the work  your're doing is music to my ears.  Wow!

If you didn't attend, I realize you are most-likely very curious about the content of the presentation. Sharing an enormous PowerPoint with lots of embedded video clips is not easy, as you discovered if you tried to download it the first time. Here are my ideas for sharing...
  1. I am going to begin the process of emailing you snippets of the Flip Video you were featured in. This is not by any means the total picture of what was presented, but it is worth viewing and saving in your digital portfolio. If you haven't started collecting materials for your digital portfolio, this would be a good time to create a folder, and start to save samples, including this video. It could be priceless one day.
  2. FYI...A glog is not a bad tool to use for a Digital Portfolio for yourself, and it's a great tool to use for students portfolios because they can pick and choose what they want to include. I have samples of student glog portfolios if you are interested.
  3. Kevin is going to give me a copy of his PowerPoint. Once I have it in hand, and can see the size of the file, I will use it to guide some discussion in the upcoming weeks. The goal would be to role out information steadily through the blog. 
  4. I will provide the group with another opportunity to view the full presentation at an upcoming meeting. If you attended the Board Presentation, you can skip that meeting! 

No comments: