Friday, January 28, 2011

MathCasts: Work Session

If you are a Digital Leader who teaches math, you're invited to a one hour paid meeting to help get an exciting initiative rolling. My goal is to work collaboratively as a district to create a wiki of MathCasts and I need some samples and feedback from you to get the ball rolling. This initiative has support from the Teaching and Learning department.

A MathCast uses VoiceThread as a tool to provide an online demo to help students and their parents review strategies for solving a math problem covered in class. It's a simple, yet powerful use of technology.Think of how valuable a wiki of MathCasts aligned to our curriculum could be!

Click the play button below to view one for yourself.


I know you are busy as bees, and I assure you the commitment to this project is only the one hour of paid time, followed by sharing your excitement about the project with your coworkers informally. No more work will be asked of you and you won't be asked to teach your co-workers how to create them. I will learn from you and then take it from there.

Anyone interested? Please feel free to let me know if you plan to attend the one hour work session in the comments section of this blog, or wait for me to check in a second time via email next week.

Paid Work Session: Details
    • Monday, Feb. 7th
    • 4:00-5:00 (I'm willing to start early and stay late to accommodate busy schedules)
    • Central Office
    • Bring your charged laptop.

    No comments: