Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Benefits of Using a Laptop at a Meeting

I know many of you are feeling pressed for time in terms of Digital Leaders because you have taken on other district responsibilities for which you paid. This makes sense and it's something I've put some thought into.  A good suggestion is for you to contribute your Digital Leader expertise to the things you are doing to lighten your load. It doesn't apply to everything, but certainly to committee meetings, staff meetings and grade level meetings. Keep it away from Run Girls, Run and the Julian JayHawks please.

Be the note-taker. Grab the most current information and share it with the group. Investigate resources on the spot. A meeting with a laptop is much more fun than one without it.

One of the reasons I support the initiative to provide all teachers with a laptop is because it will be expected to be used at meetings, and I believe this is a good thing because it is an efficient tool.

2 comments:

Mrs. Creticos said...

Using the laptop for meeting notes is great. I always have all my notes handy and can check them easily. When I take notes on paper, I can never find the paper or sometimes even the folder that my notes are in. I am far less likely to lose my computer!

Unknown said...

If I can find my paper notes I never refer to them, but I actually use my electronic notes. I share them with others, copy and paste the text into related documents, and file them in a way that they will be retrievable years from now.