Friday, March 19, 2010

Questions about Windows 7

Amy and I are both in posession of a Windows 7 machine. We plan to dedicate as much time as possible next week to using them, so please send me your questions and suggestions for testing.

Feel free to suggest specific software to download or online tools to test, keeping in mind that they may behave differently on our network or over time, of course. Those of you on the Reading Adoption Committee might want to send me the links to online sources of accessible text so I can see what it's like to use Text-To-Speech. Sheri will be thoroughly testing this new Windows feature too.

Good News: I was told by the Tech Department today that Microsoft Works was listed on the comparison chart we used because it is what comes with Windows machines, but we plan to keep Microsoft Office. Does that mean teachers will get Publisher?

I believe there is a camera on this machine too.

1 comment:

Mrs. Creticos said...

I would LOVE to have Publisher back - I hope it is included.