Saturday, March 27, 2010

Summer Opportunities

Amy and I have designed a continuum of courses for summer designed to help teachers use Web 2.0 tools to integrate 21st century learning into the classroom regardless of platform or teacher laptop purchases. We hope to have the logistics worked out and registration open shortly after we return from Spring Break.

Each of these classes will offer new tools and ways to use them. Tools already being used will be included as well. I am going to try to offer a higher level learning option and I'm looking into using BlackBoard as a pilot, since our district can no longer support the use of Moodle.

If the board approves laptops for teachers, there will be classes offered to a certain percentage of teachers to get them up and running with their new machines. This is how our group started. There will be opportunities for teaching these classes for digital leaders. The timeline is uncertain, but I don't expect it will be in June.

I do see the benefits of collaboration with Digital Leaders in terms of core content for the Cool Tools courses and in preparation for 2010 regardless. I will check to see if this can be covered under the teaching and learning budget.

I hope we can discuss this the next time we meet. Please remember to pick a day if you want to talk before the board meeting.

Please select a meeting date

No comments: